On January 6th, from 6:30 to 8:30, we are planning a meeting for the Meadowbrook/Matthews Beach area at the Meadowbrook Community Center.
Our guest speaker will be Sandy Motzer, who is instrumental in creating the emergency hub in Lake City. “The emergency communication hub is part of a network around Seattle that would be staffed by trained volunteers and ham radio operators who could send emergency messages to the city in case of a large-scale disaster.”
We will be discussing how:
• Each household has to be self -sustaining
• To support our neighborhood and community
• The Meadowbrook hub would operate
• We need to communicate with city leaders and emergency responders.
• The Meadowbrook area is unique.
Before you come, please look at the Seattle Hazard Explorer online tool :
Seattle Hazard Explorer
and check out your home and our community.
Anne Girvin will be leading this meeting.