Our guest speaker was Sandy Motzer, who was instrumental in organizing and creating the emergency communications hub in Lake City.
The emergency communication hub is part of a network around Seattle that would be staffed by trained volunteers and ham radio operators who could send emergency messages to the city in case of a large-scale disaster.
Susanna Cunningham, Vice chair of Lake City Emergency Communications HUB discussed FEMA, and the Amateur Radio & Auxiliary Communications Service of Seattle (ACS).
Topics discussed, as illustrated in the attached presentation (above), were:
- Each household has to be self-sustaining
- To support our neighborhood and community
- The Meadowbrook hub would operate
- We need to communicate with city leaders and emergency responders.
- The Meadowbrook area is unique.