This summer we are making improvements for kids walking and biking to Rogers Elementary School, Jane Addams M.S., and Nathan Hale H.S. We’re installing:
- speed humps in the school zones
- a raised crosswalk across NE 110th St at 34th Ave NE
- 20 mph flashing beacons on 35th Ave NE and NE 115th St
- crosswalk beacons at 35th Ave NE & NE 105th St
- crosswalk beacons at 35th Ave NE in front of the community center
- crosswalk beacons at Sandpoint Way NE & NE 110th St
The location and design of speed bumps will accommodate fire engines and other emergency response vehicles while reducing speeding for all other vehicles.
These projects are funded by the Safe Routes to School program and the Neighborhood Park and Street Fund.
Before we install the speed humps, we’ll put out no parking signs at least 3 days before construction, which takes about 2 days.
Questions or comments?