Message from Councilmember Debra Juarez
You might have heard me or my staff talking about a District 5 arts and culture event recently, if you haven’t consider this your official invitation! This is the first ever councilmember led (and district specific) event that we are hosting.
I will be hosting a free community celebration of arts and culture in Seattle’s North-end this Saturday afternoon from 1-5pm at Hubbard Homestead Park (the one behind the Target on Northgate Way). We are partnering with the Seattle Drum School and Music Center of the Northwest to bring local live music to Hubbard Homestead Park. The event includes:
• Live music from local musicians
• Free tacos Taqueria Los Chilangos, for the first 200 people
• Cash beer garden featuring Fremont Brewing Company
• Activities for children
• Vendors and information booths – Thank you to all the city departments who are coming out!
• PokemonGo Lures
• Incredible weather forecast
• Voter registration, courtesy of The Washington Bus